History of the house
On 4th May 1938, grandfather Emil Becker was given permission to "operate a restaurant and bar with all kinds of drinks, as well as the garden and bowling alley". Two guest rooms were also mentioned in the papers. Not mentioned is the apple wine press, which became the basis of the enterprise.
In March 1963 the daughter Erna and her husband Rudolf Moser returned to Germany after spending several years abroad. They acquired the house and the restaurant and renovated it elaborately and led a flourishing apple wine bar with homemade apple wine.
In 1968 the "Gut Stubb" was opened on the first floor in the style of the Biedermeier, today it is the breakfast room of the hotel.
1974 brought the opportunity to acquire the neighboring house. The former town hall of the ‚Freiherr von Zwierlein‘ and later Royal Prussian post office from the 18th century was in a very bad condition.
After the demolition of three annexes and the rear part of the main house, they begun building the newer parts of the house. At the time of excavation, the old town fountains and the remains of the apparently burnt-out fountain-house were uncovered.
The preservation of the half-timbered structure on the ground floor and the valuable stucco ceilings from 1736 on the first floor (now our „Blauer Salon“ and „Cabinet“) were decisive for the planning of the later 47 room hotel and 120 seat restaurants.
In 1990 the neighboring house was acquired on the other side. This lead to building the newest part of our house with another 15 rooms, a garage and winter garden.
With the beginning of the new millennium, the third generation is on the move. The granddaughter Karin Keller as managing director of the family company took over the management of the company.